Sunday 2 May 2010

Mayweather sweet as a nut

5 hours ago Floyd Mayweather silenced his doubters, he out paced and out classed and eventually out pointed a very game Shane Mosley. SM pushed the fight from the start but apart from the second round struggled to cope with the sheer speed of FM reactions, ultimatly slumping to a unanimous points loss with 2 judges only giving shane 1 round and the third judge somehow finding a second round to give Shane which I did not.

When "money" wanted to land a stinger on Shane he did! and I have to be honest here and say at 4am, zero sleep and Mariah Carey staring at me for 12 rounds I struggled to see the punches he threw and not just the effects. On the other hand when sugar wanted to land a shot he would always take a few back in the process. When Shame moved in and lead with the left hand his right hand would drop and his chin would move off in one direction until Floyd kindly moved it back for him.

Floyd was caught cold in the second round and did well to stay on his feet. As the time in the round started to disappear the only thing shame could do was throw the kitchen sink at Floyd to see if he cracked. All Shane needed was Chris Brown to join him in the ring after singing a drawn out version of "the star spangled banner"


I get the feeling the "Sugar" knew how to beat his mark but was shell shocked from the off by the sheer athleticism of FM. SM had guts, he came forward and was never hard to find.

Will we ever see Mayweather-Pacquiao? I don't know...... I hope so.

Does Floyd want the fight? I Doubt it I think he's hiding behind blood and his purse needs or rather wants

Could Floyd beat Manny? Based on this performance yes, but it's still far to close to call.

Lets hope they can make it happen for the fans.