Friday 21 May 2010

Pacman relaxes stance on drugs testing.

Browsing through boxing news this afternoon I discovered a piece claiming Manny Pacquiao had agreed to Mayweather's proposed 14 day steroid testing.
THAT'S PRETTY INTERESTING!
I'm trying very hard to not get my hopes up as this may well be for a variety of reasons.
Of course the optimist in me is saying that Manny wants the fight along with the rest of the world to give us a straight answer to who is the best fighter out there right now.
But also as plausible is his desire to line his pockets after shelling out an estimated 40M yes that's right 40M on his run for office in his homeland (which I omit as I can't spell!)
This article also raised another good point, agreeing to take the test looks good in court, as if Manny did not agree to the test it may appear as a admission of guilt even if it is just suggestive of guilt? Hmmm....

It has been my experience that there usually is some strand of truth in an accusation of this kind whether it's Manny or Floyd. I'M CONTROVERSIAL AS EVER! the whole thing stinks to me but on no grounds can I say why just my instinct.

I cant help but dare to imagine what would happen if either fighter would fail this drugs test! it's been going on far to long now just to be a mindless petty argument.
Please just get it on in that Texas stadium that holds 5M people or whatever stupid amount it is, make ridiculous money so Floyd can cover his alleged IRS bills and Manny can take George Clooney's place in the UN
If not I will be holding fundraising events like LIVE 8 to give them 50 million each to do it in time square! and everyone will hate me for putting Bob Geldoff back on TV to beg for money and Bono staring at me through those stupid glasses.
Don't make me do it!