Friday 4 February 2011

Head First RFC



Such is my love for the Six Nations every year my friends and rugby acquaintances take part in the ESPN fantasy rugby league which is found at www.scrum.fantasyleague.com to say I take it seriously is like saying Blackpool isn’t that bad.

So I thought I’d take you through my team for the tournament

Head First RFC

Chris Ashton: much touted to be the top try scorer of the tournament
Maxime Medard: France are my pick to do well and as such a French winger will be a commodity
Keith Earls: It would have been Tommy Bowe but as with Medard I need a try scorer for Ireland vs Italy
James Hook: Arguably the first name on anyone’s team sheet how effective he will be at fullback who knows?
Brian O’Driscoll: I imagine he’d pick up a man of the match award or two.
Jonathan Sexton: in fine form for Leinster and brings a freshness to the Ireland squad
Morgan Parra: Strong candidate for man of the match as he runs the show and offers the boot

Dan Lydiate: Bit risky to pick him ahead of Harinordoquy and Parisse but who dares
Thierry Dusautoir: French Captain and a strategic pick
Tom Wood: Much Touted by the journo’s so let’s see what we’ve got
Paul O’Connell: Strong consistant performer gives 110%
Alun Wyn Jones: Ospreys Captain and always a good workhorse
Nicolas Mas: part of that strong French front row
Martin Catsrogiovanni: Strong scrummaging in the H Cup and I’d expect much the same for Italy
Matthew Rees: Will need to inspire the entire welsh team but could his props let him down?


I'd better not come last again this year!


Don't forget you can follow my on twitter @dai_bando


Bone