Wednesday 2 February 2011

Wales V England i'm muddying the water.

So Wales vs. England is nearly upon us and the teams have been announced and are as follows:

WALES: James Hook; Morgan Stoddart, Jamie Roberts, Jonathan Davies, Shane Williams; Stephen Jones, Mike Phillips; Paul James, Matthew Rees (C), Craig Mitchell, Bradley Davies, Alun Wyn Jones, Dan Lydiate, Sam Warburton, Andy Powell.
Replacements (to be confirmed): Richard Hibbard, John Yapp, Ryan Jones, Jonathan Thomas, Dwayne Peel, Rhys Priestland, Lee Byrne.

ENGLAND: B Foden, C Ashton, M Tindall (C), S Hape, M Cueto, T Flood, B Youngs, A Sheridan, D Hartley, D Cole, L Deacon, T Palmer, T Wood, J Haskell, N Easter,
Replacements: S Thompson, D Wilson, S Shaw, J Worsley, D Care, J Wilkinson, M Banahan.

Now that we know how Mr. Gatland has arranged his team I have to be honest in saying I don’t think I would have many changes had Gats rung me for advice.

Across the park there are plenty of match ups I’m looking forward to seeing such as Youngs vs. Phillips & Hook vs. Foden

I’m also interested in seeing Sheridan pack down with newbie Craig Mitchell who is deemed to be the best of the rest. I really want Sheridan to be the new Phil Vickery but bigger and meaner but I’m afraid it hasn’t really happened and I don’t rate his scrummaging at all, Adam Jones I believe would wreck him every day of the week and twice on a Sunday but against Craig? Sheridan has the upper hand but not by much in my book.

I Cannot separate these two sides and come half time I still don’t think there will be a clear winner but if there is one thing I do now is this game will be a cracker!

Bone