Friday 1 July 2011

Haye Vs Klitschko

So the biggest fight of my relatively short life is here when David Haye takes on Wladimir Klitschko tomorrow night in Hamburger Germany.

For my money David Haye is a special fighter and could be better than Lennox. I first saw him when he ended Enzo Maccarinelli's career, that night he proved he has blistering pace, heavy hands and a do or die style. (although admittably it didnt really show itself against Valuev) When these attributes are matched against a larger, more accomplished and controlling fighter it makes tomorrow night all the more interesting.

I could go on all day about Haye's attitude and brashness and Wlad's calm and calculated exterior but at the end of the day these pair are gagging for each other and I really can't pick a winner.

My heart says Haye but in reality Wlad knows he has the measure of the Londoner I'm expecting a very cagey opening few rounds then Wlad to start with his jab jab grab and lean on Haye and generally make it difficult for David to get on the inside. The only way I see David winning is if Wlad wants to fight and have a tear up.

I'd be surprised if there was real fireworks, but I have been wrong before.

Bone